Volutone’s Return Authorization Policy
Return Material Authorization (RMA)
- A Return Authorization Number, (RA #), must be issued by Volutone before any product is returned.
- Products to receive warranty replacement or repair require the serial number to be intact and end user proof of purchase accompany the unit. Proof of purchase must show the date of purchase.
- Any product sent in without a Return Authorization Number may be, at Volutone’s discretion, returned in the same manner and condition as it was received, without prior notification.
- All Return Authorizations must be received within 60 days of the date the RA Number was issued.
- Volutone may refuse to accept any packages with visible signs of shipping damage.
Products Returned For Credit
ALL CREDIT RETURNS ARE FOR STORE CREDIT ONLY: NO CREDIT CARD OR CASH REFUNDS
- Returns for Credit Request under non-manufacturer defective conditions MUST be within 30 days of Volutone’s invoice and follow all the policies outlined below.
- Returns for Credit Request must be complete (Manuals, cabling, remotes, connectors, etc.), in original
sellable condition. Charges may apply for restoration of missing or damaged accessories and/or packaging.
- Returns for Credit Request will be approved and processed only when Volutone has inspected the product for completeness including its’ physical and operational condition.
- Returns for Credit Request must be accompanied by an accurate detailed description of why the item is being returned. This information must NOT be written on the product packaging.
- Returns for Credit Request may be subject to a restocking fee of up to 15% of the purchased price. If the product is deemed to be non-defective by Volutone or the manufacturer, additional charges may apply for restoration of accessories and/or package reconditioning.
- Returns for Credit Request will be denied if a product has been: Altered, tampered with, Installed Incorrectly, Overpowered, or Damaged from Abuse or Mishandling.
Not all defective/damaged products will qualify for an exchange/return.
Sony Reseller Return Guidelines
14-Day Return Policy for DOA and Concealed Damage:
The following policies may apply to returns within 14 days of resale from the distributor to the reseller:
- DOA return: The unit has been found to be “Dead on Arrival” with an in-warranty fault, and does not have any signs of physical damage (e.g. shipping damage, cracked screen, etc)
ATR’s must be requested within 30 days of resale to the distributor reseller. Proof of sale date and return date may be required as part of a random audit verifying the 14 day period.
- Concealed Damage return: The unit’s box/carton has no signs of exterior physical damage, but the unit has physical damage that has been found to be caused by shipping. Requests for ATR should be made immediately.
Concealed Damage claims will only be accepted with copies of the following photos:
- Close-up of the damaged area of the TV
- Full-screen view of the TV with all 4 corners visible
- Pictures of the box (4 photos showing all 4 sides )
- Readable picture of the model/serial label on the box and on the rear panel of the unit
- Picture(S) of the packing material (styrofoam/plastic inserts)
Concealed Damage claims will be denied if the exterior packaging is found to have signs of shipping damage.
Reseller must have all packaging and accessories to return a product under DOA or Concealed Damage policies.
Support for product past the 14-day Return Policy:
After 14 calendar days from purchase, the distributor reseller should contact ES Integrator Support (866-924-7669, firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance. The product may qualify for a repair or replacement under the terms of the product’s Sony Limited Warranty.
Returns past 14 calendar days from purchase: After 14 days, the distributor should only accept returns with a valid printed or PDF copy of a Sony Service Dealer Notice. The Service Dealer Notice indicates that Sony’s ES Integrator Support team has determined that the product qualifies for an exchange.
Not all defective/damaged products will qualify for an exchange/return.
Products Returned For Repair or Replacement
- Products returned for repair or replacement must be packed and shipped as stated within the warranty instructions included in the product manual.
- Products must be accompanied by a detailed description of the problem(s) to be repaired or reason for replacement and noted in the return authorization database at the time the RA is granted.
- For Warranty Repair, a dated copy of the sales invoice to the End-User must accompany the product to validate the beginning of the warranty period. Without this invoice, the warranty period will begin from the date of manufacturing, which may or may not be encoded in the serial number.
- Non-Warranty repair or replacement returns may be subject to an estimate fee, which may be applied to the final repair or replacement costs of the unit.
- A product, which has been, Altered, tampered with, Installed Incorrectly, Overpowered, or Damaged from Abuse or Mishandlingvoids any and all warranties. The owner may opt to have the product repaired (if possible) at the owner’s expense for parts, labor and shipping costs.
- Any products that are returned for repair or replacement must follow in strict accordance with the repair or replacement policy stated in the product warranty and/or manuals or this policy.
- Our Shipping address is: Volutone Attn: Repairs, 170 W. Cochran Street, Simi Valley, CA. 93065 Please include the RA# on the outside of the shipping container or package.
Volutone does not offer service or support on products purchased from unauthorized sales sources.
Volutone sells products only through authorized Dealers and Distributors to ensure those Dealers and Distributors obtain proper support and service. The service policies and/or warranties of any product purchased from an unauthorized dealer or other source, including retailers, mail order sellers and online sellers will not be honored.
Special Order Policy
A special order product consists of any product that Volutone does not normally stock.
Most special order product is returnable, but may be subject to a restocking fee of up to a 20%.
Some manufacturers in which we do not accept returns for, will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Arecont Vision
- Chief (automated product only)
A signed Special Order form may be required before Volutone places the order.
Custom Built Special Orders
A custom built special order product consists of any product that the manufacturer does not normally stock, and therefore must be custom build.
Not Available for return.
This will include, but is not limited to the following:
- Active Thermal Management (Custom paint orders)
- Custom Servers
- SI Screens
- Lutron (Shades and custom colored or engraved plates)
- Middle Atlantic (Custom cut shelves and faces, preconfigured lecterns and furniture)
- Peerless (Custom built mounts and preconfigured digital signage product)
- Wyrestorm (Custom configured switches and matrixes)
All custom built orders must be paid for in advance.
A signed Special Order form will be required before Volutone places the order.
Custom built product is non-returnable.
Free Shipping Program Details
Orders in Simi Valley
Shipped Same Day ( COD OK )
CUT OFF TIMES
•FREE for prepaid orders over $299 to the 48 contiguous states. Ground only.
•All other shipping options are regular price. *COD Orders see below for disclaimer.
Some products we carry are considered bulk items that require special shipping due to size or weight. ie (Racks, Bulk Wire, Large TVs over 40", Tubing Rolls)
Volutone reserves the right to change shipping method based on order size or weight specifications. Dealer will be notified prior to shipping if method should change.
Ground shipments do not qualify for FREE FRIEGHT.
Freight & Pallet Shipping
•Orders in Simi Valley by 2PM Shipped Same Day. ( No COD Option )
•Per pallet price for shipments over $1999 - to the 48 contiguous states:
•FREE - If destination is residential or requires a lift gate, customer pays $65 delivery fee per shipment
•$99/Per Pallet- If shipping location is beyond CA- If destination is residential or requires a lift gate, customer pays $65 delivery fee per shipment
•$199/Per Pallet- If shipping location and delivery location are more than 5 states away - If destination is residential or requires a lift gate, customer pays $65 delivery fee per shipment
•2nd day air – orders over $499 – 40% off ( COD OK )
•Pallets on shipments over $4999 – 40% off ( No COD Option )
- *COD Orders: Additional COD service fee to be paid by dealer, Volutone will charge COD fee to invoice to be collected at the time of delivery.
Contact your Volutone sales rep for COD amount after order is placed.
- To be eligible for UPS small package the package must not exceed 150lbs., 165” in length and girth combined, or 108” in length.
- 40” TV’s and below can be shipped via small package. Any larger TV must be shipped via pallet.
- Volutone pays for regular shipping rates. Any extra cost incurred will be charged to dealer. i.e. Redelivery, Lift gate, if not requested at the time of order.
- Pallet delivery service includes advanced customer delivery notification. The shipper will contact the destination contact to confirm someone will be on site to receive the product. Delivery will be held by shipper until a contact has confirmed a receiver will be on site.
- Volutone reserves the right to change shipping method based on order size or weight specifications. Dealer will be notified prior to shipping if method should change.
- Territorial restrictions apply.
- Residential freight shipment will require an extra day of transit.
- Freight is not guaranteed to be delivered next day
Volutone Rewards Program
VIR PROGRAM TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Enrollment is open throughout 2016. Dealers previously enrolled will automatically be rolled over to the 2016 program.
- To qualify for the VIR Program payout, quarterly sales must exceed the quarterly program minimum level.
- The VIR Program payout will be in the form of Credit on Account within 15 days of the end of each program quarter.
- Account must be in good standing (not past due). No exceptions.
- Mid quarter enrollment is retroactive to start of current quarter.
- Volutone reserves the right to end the VIR program at any time without prior notice. You may opt out at any time
*VIR percentage level is calculated on all purchases, but not paid out on non-qualifying products. (Televisions, Apple Products)
**Bulk product purchased below published dealer pricing does not qualify towards VIR totals.
***Product on contract pricing does not qualify towards VIR totals.