Shure SM58-LC Dynamic Vocal Cardioid Microphone WITHOUT Cable
Introduced in 1966 the SM58 revolutionized performance microphones, providing an easy to hold, rugged and high sonic quality microphone for the first time. Fifteen primary patents were issued for the technology in the SM58 including a pneumatic shock cancelling system which reduces handling noise and protects loudspeakers if the microphone is dropped.
No other microphone is more trusted for live vocals than the SM58, making it a world standard.
The metal windscreen/pop-filter not only reduces breath and wind noises, but is also designed to act as a crumple zone, protecting the precision dynamic element if dropped head first. The wind screen can be easily replaced in the field.
The pattern is unidirectional/cardioid which minimizes ambient sound pickup. The frequency response is designed to add clarity to human voice while minimizing the proximity effect that most cardioid mics suffer. A sharp cut filter reduces sibilant effects in certain voices.
Performers everywhere can depend on its reliability and clear sound.
The microphone has been continuously improved over the years, keeping the sound of the original design while improving ruggedness, reliability and consistency.
Shure SM58-LC Features:
- Response tailored for vocals, with accentuated midrange and bass roll-off
- Uniform cardioid pickup pattern isolates the primary sound source and reduces background pickup while reducing feedback.
- Pneumatic shock-mount system cuts down handling noise
- Effective, built-in spherical wind and pop filter
- Supplied with break-resistant stand adapter with 180 degrees rotation.
- Legendary Shure quality, ruggedness and reliability
- Frequency response: 50 Hz to 15 kHz
- Type: Moving Coil Dynamic
- Transformer isolation and matching
- Polar Pattern: Unidirectional (cardioid), rotationally symmetrical about microphone axis, and uniform with frequency
- Readily available field replacement parts
- Textured enamel dark gray painted finish on die-cast tapered handle.
- Low impedance: 300 ohm
- Capable of handling sound pressure levels of 150 dB to 190 dB depending onfrequency.