WyreStorm 4K HDBaseT 5-Play Extender Set with 2-Way IR, RS232, POH & Ethernet (4K: 70m/230ft - 1080p: 100m/328ft)
UltraHD, Ultra slim point-to-point HDMI extender set supporting 4K video up to 70m/230ft and 100m/328ft HDBaseT 5-Play compliance featuring 1080p/48bit @ 60hz, HD audio, bidirectional control via IR and RS232, two-way PoH remote power of devices power and Ethernet passthrough, all wrapped up in an impossibly thin chassis for an ease of installation that represents unrivalled function, flexibility and reliability for residential or commercial applications of any kind.
- Extends HDMI 4K up to 70m/230ft and 1080p up to 100m/328ft
- HDBaseT 5-Play support: video, audio, 2-way IR, power, ethernet
- CEC pass-through
- Manual EQ and EDID setting management witu 5-level signal indication and for improved device communication and compatibility
- Low Profile chassis height of just 18mm / 0.7” for greater installation convenience behind the even slimmest wall plates
Get Real. Think Thin.
Pushing technology and design to the limit, the EX-70-4K extender set supports 4K HDBaseT distribution and control within an incredibly low profile chassis of just 18mm for a greatly reduced form factor behind even the slimmest TV mounts to make installation a dream.
Featuring powerful Class A HDBaseT technology, the EX-70-4K supports the full 5Play feature set including 100m/328ft transmissions of 1080p@60Hz with 48bit Deep Color, HD multichannel audio, discrete bi-directional control via IR and RS232, Ethernet pass-through - all along a single Cat5e/6 cable to display zones.
UltraHD 4K transmissions up to 4096 x 2160 are supported to 70m/230ft over Cat5e/6 at 30fps with 4K full chroma sub-sampling color palette of 4K@30Hz 4:4:4 and 4K@60Hz 4:2:0, with greater distances possible using higher cable specification.
Automatic internal HDCP and manual EDID management negotiate communication between connected source/display devices for enhanced compatibility between source/display devices and operation status of the units is illustrated by panel LED indicators for power supply, signal status for display connection, HDCP in signal, and 5-level signal indication to visually illustrate transmission strength assess and help identify potential issues.
Including serial control support with compatibility with leading control systems and switchable RS232 selection for firmware updates, improved 12v power connectivity is also offered via threaded DC power port for standard and locking DC power plugs on both transmitter and receiver, should it be required.
WyreStorm 4K HDBaseT solutions offer the features, flexibility and compatibility demanded by modern integrations while future-proofing for tomorrow, combined with an ease of use and cost-efficiency for reliable distribution and control of digital content over distance whether in a residential or commercial setting.
- Extender set capable of HDMI transmission using single cable Cat5e/6 cable under recommended conditions:
70m/230ft: 4K video up to 4096 x 2160@30Hz / 24bit True Color with full chroma subsampling color palette 4K@30Hz 4:4:4 or 4K@60Hz 4:2:0
100m/328ft: 1920x1080p HD video@60Hz / 48bit Deep Color
- Supports all high definition resolutions: 4K (UHD & DCI), 1080p, 1080i, 720p with screen refresh rate support of 24Hz, 30Hz (4K) 50Hz, 60Hz (1080p), 4K@60Hz YUV4:2:0 –CHECK is firmware update required?
- Full 3D compatibility up to 1080p - frame packing/ sequential (Blu-Ray) and interlaced stereoscopic (satellite/ cable broadcasts)
- 5Play compliance - distribution of video (4K UHD & 1080p HD), multichannel HD audio, two-way IR, and 10/100 Ethernet over single Cat5e/6
- Multichannel audio supports 7.1 DTS Master HD and Dolby True HD
- Bidirectional PoH (Power over HDBaseT) allows transmitter to power receiver or receiver to power the transmitter – mains power supply only required to one device
- Transmits discrete wide-band bidirectional IR control and serial commands together within the HDMI signal over a single Cat5e/6
- Robust Class A HDBaseT technology for stable transmission resistant to electrostatic and environmental interference compared to conventional UTP distribution
- Manual EDID management for preset, stored or recalled settings to negotiate communication between connected source/display devices for enhanced compatibility between source/display devices
- Switchable RS232 port for control or firmware update
- Threaded bushings allow use of both standard and locking DC power plugs
- Phoenix port for additional power connection
- Visual 5-stage LED indication for power supply to units, signal status to show established display connection, HDCP presence in signal and strength of transmission
- Cable termination follows IEEE-568B standards
- HDMI v1.4
- HDCP 2.2 compliant
- Low profile chassis of18mm / 0.7” for easier, more convenient installations behind screens at display zones
- Automatically adjusts feedback, equalization and amplification of signal for easy installation
- Energy efficient universal power supply included
- Mounting brackets included
In the Box
- WyreStorm EX-70-4K extender set comprising of:
1 x TX-70-4K Transmitter
1 x RX-70-4K Receiver
- 2 x 12V/1.5A DC power supply
- 2 x 3.5mm Phoenix male connector (2 pin)
- 2 x 3.5mm Phoenix male connector (3 pin)
- 2 x Wide-band IR TX Emitter
- 2 x Wide-band IR RX Receiver (30-50KHz)
- 2 x Pairs of EX-70-4K mounting brackets
- 1 x Printed Quickstart guide (Quickstart and full manual downloadable from this product page)
232mm x 18mm x 93.30mm/ 9.13" x 0.71" x 3.67"
Transmitter: 0.52kg/1.15lbs, Receiver: 0.50kg/1.1lbs
32°F ~ 113°F (0°C ~ 45°C) 10% ~ 90%, non-condensing
-4°F ~ 140°F (-20°C ~ 70°C) 10% ~ 90%, non-condensing
4K: 70m (230ft) / 1080p: 100m (328ft)
Multichannel digital audio supporting 7.1 DTS Master HD and Dolby True HD
12V DC 2A (for each power connector)
Input: Transmitter 1 x HDMI IN / Receiver 1 x HDBaseT IN
Input Signal Type: Transmitter: HDMI 1.4a with 4K Receiver: HDBaseT
Input Resolution Support: 480i, 576i, 480p, 576p, 720p, 1080i, 1020 x 1080p up to 60Hz, 3840x2160@30Hz, 4096x2160@30Hz, 4K@60Hz YUV 4:2:0
Input Video Level: 0.5 - 1.2V p-p
Input DDC Signal: 5 volts p-p (TTL)
Output: Transmitter: 1 x HDBaseT OUT Receiver: 1 x HDMI OUT
Output Signal Type: Transmitter: HDBaseT Receiver: HDMI 1.4a with 4K
Output Resolution Support: DTV/HDTV: 480i, 576i, 480p, 576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p @ up to 60Hz, 4K
VESA: 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x1024, 1600x1200, 1920x1080 1920x1200, 3840x2160@30Hz, 4096x2160@30Hz, 4K@60Hz YUV 4:2:0
Video Impedance: 100Ω
Maximum Pixel Clock: 297MHz
3D: Frame packing/sequential (Blu-ray), Interlaced stereoscopic (satellite/cable broadcasts)
ESD Protection: ±8 kV (Air-gap discharge) ±4 kV (Contact discharge)
Surge Protection: Voltage: ±1 kV (Ten times respectively positive / negative voltage)
Electrical Fast Transient/Burst: Data communication cord: 2 kV, Power cord : 2 kV
Certification: CE, FCC, RoHS
4K@30Hz 4:4:4, 4K@60Hz 4:2:0
4K@30Hz 4:4:4, 4k@60Hz 4:2:0